Program Manager, Discover Parks – Full-Time
The BC Parks Foundation’s mission is to enhance and pass on the legacy of BC’s world-class parks. Our goal is to create the best parks system in the world and inspire a global parks support community through our innovation.
A central part of that is providing great experiences for park visitors, from discovering parks and planning visits to visiting and staying connected. The successful applicant’s goal will be to create superlative self-guided and guided experiences for park visitors, using nature, art, technology, and community. This will lead to increased visitor connection with and support for parks, and reduction in behaviours that diminish parks.
The successful applicant will work with partners throughout BC to develop several aspects of our new Discover Parks program, including Park Ambassadors, Discover Trails, and Park Experiences. The applicant will also contribute to a new app for park users. Our target audience is inclusive and includes people who are new to nature.
- Refine and advance strategy for program development and implementation
- Determine how best to achieve rapid deployment of models in multiple locations
- Map out pathway to financial sustainability
- Identify strategic partners
- Determine a strategy for content and communications for the program
- Implement strategy
- Recruit, support, train, and engage strategic partners who can assist in achieving project objectives, and connect partners in a broader network or community
- Plan, implement, and evaluate Park Ambassador, Discover Trails, and Park Experiences programs in BC provincial parks
- Communicate about the project, including writing and presenting reports on the project results, blogs, newsletter articles, social media posts, etc.
- Plan and host outreach events to launch and promote programs
- Collect and organize data, monitor and report on success of program
- Provide safety and training briefings and arrange opportunities for corporate and government sponsors to participate in activities
- Lead program development
- Recruit, hire, supervise, support, and mentor students, volunteers or staff
- Generate project revenue through grants, donations, sales, and sponsorships.
- Work with appropriate partners on data (privacy, storage, access, etc.)
- Work with research partners on experimental designs, analysis, and results
- Promote data use and interpretation to advance visitor experience
- Manage the projects and maintain a project dashboard and evaluate and adjust strategies based on performance.
- Identify and engage strategic advisors to provide mentorship and guidance.
All employees may carry out a range of functions beyond their core roles.
We are looking for a rock star with the spark, intelligence, skills, and charisma to make a big impact.
- You know how to engage visitors/customers (your motto might be: it starts with joy).
- You are pragmatic, thinking strategically and in a business-like way about how to build efficient systems that can grow and shrink quickly.
- You are an organizer and may have a background in events.
- You have experience recruiting, training and managing teams.
- You are not afraid to set and attain big hairy audacious goals.
- You are not good; you are great.
You should have at least five years of experience in a position with similar responsibilities. You will need to be proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience using Asana for project management is an asset, and experience with Salesforce would be a bonus.
- Remotely until we secure a new office in Vancouver.
- Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
- January 25, 2021
Bookkeeper – Part-Time
The BC Parks Foundation's mission is to enhance and pass on the legacy of BC's world-class parks. Our goal is to create the best parks system in the world.
We are currently looking for a part-time Bookkeeper. The position supports the Admin team and reports to the CFO.
- Code all company financial transactions
- Monitor and classify incoming funds
- Organize supporting documentation for all incoming and outgoing funds
- Match receipts to statements
- Prepare subledgers, coding, and reconcile revenue accounts to the bank
- Calculate earned revenues and supply supporting documentation
- Create invoices and track/monitor A/R
- Generate all month end supporting reports from various systems
- Research issues and discrepancies
- Recommend monthly journal entries
- Prepare payables runs
- Prepare payroll
- Assist with CRA calculations and filings
- Pickup and organize/distribute/scan mail
- Maintain organized digital files
- Assist with the annual audit requirements
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Accounting diploma, bookkeeping certificate, or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years working as a full-time bookkeeper
- Positive, professional, with a proactive approach to your work
- High energy with the interest and ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment
- Highly detail-oriented and very well organized
- Work at a swift pace while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Approachable, flexible, and open to change
- Respond well to direction
- Top-notch computer skills, most importantly Quickbooks online and Microsoft Office.
Additional Experience Desired, but not Required
- Non-profit bookkeeping experience
- Experience in Salesforce, Shopify, or Hubdoc.
- Monday – Wednesday, 9:00am-5:00pm, with 1/2-hour lunch break.
- Remotely until we secure a new office location. This position will pick up mail in West Vancouver once per week, including while working remotely.
- 1 year contract
- To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and hourly rate requirements to email@example.com. Submissions without either document will not be considered.
- Jan 20, 2021
If you'd like to be considered for future opportunities, but don't see your perfect role here, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll keep your information on file for future consideration. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere. And often, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.”