If you'd like to be considered for future opportunities, but don't see your perfect role here, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and we'll keep your information on file for future consideration. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Manager, Events and Experiences
The BC Parks Foundation is leading an expedition to create the best parks system in the world. The Manager, Events and Experiences is a key addition to our team, being responsible for creating professional, fun, and interesting events and experiences that attract and nurture park supporters. If you are someone who loves the outdoors, has exceptional planning and organizational skills, enjoys giving people wow experiences, and likes to bring in diverse partners, then this role is perfect for you. Experience and relationships with technology, creative and outdoor gear industries are assets.
Specific responsibilities include planning, coordinating and/or working in partnership with others to execute:
- Conferences and summits
- Lunches, dinners, or small group events
- Outdoor games or competitions
- Camps and workshops
- Trips and excursions
- Virtual experiences
The manager will identify, approach and secure sponsors and partners for events and experiences, identify and secure permits, licences and venues, and work with our team on legal, marketing and communications, and financial elements.
- University degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years of experience in event management or a comparable role
- Ability to thrive in a fast-faced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work independently while being an excellent team player
- Ability to be a self-starter with a results-driven work ethic
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be energetic and resourceful.
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Downtown Vancouver head office
Deadline to apply: December 6, 2019
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
BC's parks are places of astounding natural beauty that anchor our hearts and our souls.”