The BC Parks Foundation was created in 2017 and began operations in 2018. While the Foundation itself is relatively new, the combined track record of board members and staff includes:
- Creating and running companies valued at over $3 billion
- Serving as deputy and assistant deputy minister of numerous provincial government agencies
- Leading First Nations councils and organizations, including chairing the BC Treaty Commission
- Mediating and facilitating significant conservation initiatives including the Great Bear Rainforest Agreement, the Canadian Boreal Forest Agreement, Wild Salmon Policy, and the BC Climate Leadership Team.
- Running four major crown corporations with annual revenues over $1 billion
- Running and sitting on the boards of numerous foundations, school boards, non-profits and social enterprises.
- Leading campaigns to create over four million hectares of parks in BC and enabling more than $10 million in projects enhancing natural spaces.
To see results of the Foundation's initiatives, visit our "What" page.
The Foundation retains an auditor for its financial statements.