Parks for Everyone. Forever.
Empowering British Columbians to pass on their legacy through parks
The Legacy Fund was created so that together, we can continue to enhance and protect our parks system, forever. With five levels, there is an option for everyone to become a park supporter.
- Become an Expedition Supporter by donating up to $1,000
- Become a Trailhead Supporter by donating up to $10,000
- Become a Basecamp Supporter by donating up to $50,000
- Become a Mountaineer Supporter by donating up to $250,000
- Become a Peak Supporter by donating over $250,000
A permanent and robust Legacy Fund will provide a stable, lasting foundation on which to protect, enhance, connect, inspire and sustain the best parks system in the world through the BC Parks Foundation's programs and campaigns.
What You've Accomplished So Far:
- Thousands of park supporters from across British Columbia and globally showed their love and appreciation for B.C.'s parks by giving to our Foundation.
- New facilities were created in Gwillim, Drumbeg, and Ancient Forest/Chun T’oh Whudujut Provincial Parks.
- Accessibility improvements were completed at Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park to make it easier for seniors and disabled visitors to enjoy the facilities.
- The volunteer-led, Mitlenatch Island Stewardship Team have been supported in continuing their important work protecting the bird refuge that is Mitlenatch Island.
- Surveys are being undertaken and restoration work in Desolation Sound.
- Work is underway to replace the dock, refurbish and add new tent pads and upgrade ranger facilities at Top of the World Provincial Park.
See below for more information on current projects.
BC's parks are places of astounding natural beauty that anchor our hearts and our souls.”