Thank you for keeping the magic of parks alive!
Share it on
Donate a Car Canada accepts Vehicle Donations for the BC Parks Foundation. Free towing is provided in most areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. When you donate your car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle to the BC Parks Foundation through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction (depending on its condition, age and location). Donate a Car Canada will look after all the details to make it easy for the BC Parks Foundation to benefit. After your vehicle donation is complete, our charity will send you a tax receipt and will put your gift to good use. Please click here to donate a vehicle.
Note that Canada Revenue Agency doesn’t allow charitable gift receipts for services.
Including real estate or publicly traded securities as a charitable gift to the BC Parks Foundation in your will is also a great way to leave a legacy. For your consideration, sample wording for your will could include, "I wish to make a gift to BC Parks Foundation of 625 Howe Street, Suite 1550, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2T6, charitable registration number 731307492BW0001, as follows:
(i) select from publicly traded securities that I own, if any, at the date of my death, securities (the “Gift Shares”) that collectively have a total fair market value as of the date of my death of not more than $____ (the “Donation Amount”) and transfer the Gift Shares to the BC Parks Foundation;
(ii) if the value of the Gift Shares is less than the Donation Amount, pay the BC Parks Foundation an amount equal to the difference between the Donation Amount and the value of the Gift Shares; and
(iii) it is my hope that the Donation Amount will be applied by the BC Parks Foundation to support the work of the BC Parks Foundation."
Please contact us if you would like to discuss including a legacy gift, real estate, or securities in your will. You can use the form below, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 778-980-1857.
Other ways you can help enhance BC’s world-class parks system
Share it on
Health care professionals, and our parks, have kept BC healthy this year.
This is our chance to give back to them.
As COVID-19 cases explode across the country, so does the pressure on hospitals and health care workers. In a national study just released, about 60 percent of nurses said they intended to leave their jobs within the next year, and more than one quarter of these nurses wanted to leave the profession altogether. A separate national study confirmed that nurses suffer from mental illness symptoms at rates much higher than the general population.
They need our gratitude and support. You can offer the gift of guided nature therapy sessions to professionals on the front lines of the pandemic.
“That was more powerful than any medication you can take. A lot of my colleagues would benefit from this.” - Nurse who participated in a session
For $25 you can give the gift of a 90-minute immersive session with a certified guide to a nurse or family physician. You can sponsor a specific health care worker you want to thank, or leave it open. A portion of each gift will also go into a fund for park projects.
Your gratitude will give health care workers what they need most right now: some zen-boosting stress relief.
Share gratitude for health care workers + super natural B.C. by bringing them together.
HOW IT WORKS
We have partnered with the Association of Forest and Nature Therapy Guides to provide BC licenced nurses and family doctors with a unique experience designed to engage the senses and calm the mind.
To respect COVID-19 protocols, group sessions will be guided remotely. Participants can phone or Zoom in from a convenient location, whether it be a local park, beach, greenspace, or even backyard. They listen live as a certified guide leads them through a customized therapeutic sequence.
A strong body of research demonstrates that time in nature boosts immune function and life expectancy and lowers the risk of developing a host of conditions from heart disease to diabetes, obesity, depression, and anxiety.
Thank you for keeping B.C., and British Columbians, alive and healthy.
Who is eligible to receive the gift?
- You can direct your donation to any individual health care worker. If you leave it open, we will make it available to licenced nurses and family physicians on a first-come, first-served basis.
How will my gift be delivered?
- If you have specified the recipient, we will get in touch with them at the email you provide. If you do not provide an email, we will not be able to deliver the gift to that individual and will give the gift to another health care worker.
- If you leave it open, eligible health care workers will register for sessions through a code that we will provide to them.
When will the session take place?
- Sessions will start mid-January 2021, and run until spring 2021.
Can I change who receives my gift after it has been submitted?
- No, If you choose to dedicate your donation to a specific healthcare worker, you are unable to change any details once the donation has been submitted.
I want to provide the gift to a particular health care worker, but I don’t know their name or email. What should I do?
- Please do your best to find out their full name and contact information. Because of the number of people giving, we do not have the resources to research all of the names or emails of individuals. If you can’t find their full name or contact information, we suggest making a general donation so that somebody similar will have the opportunity.
Can I give to a healthcare worker from another province or state? If not, are you planning to do something similar in my province/state?
- For now, we are focusing on BC and BC health care workers. However, in the new year, we plan to expand it into other places, once all of the proper partnerships and systems are in place. Please let us know of your interest, and please be patient! It is better for everyone if this rolls out in a coordinated way.
Can I give to an individual who is not a healthcare worker?
- We are working on having that available in the new year. Our focus right now is on gratitude to healthcare workers. Please visit Healthybynature.ca and sign up for the newsletter or follow us on social media for regular updates.
Will I receive a tax receipt for my donation?
- Yes, if you are a Canadian taxpayer.
Can I donate more or less than $25?
- Yes. Do whatever you feel you can do. All drops fill the river.
Is this program fully COVID-19 safe?
- All sessions will be guided remotely, and participants are not required to be in physical contact with others. Each individual participant is responsible for complying with the relevant government COVID-19 guidelines at the time of the session.
What is the BC Parks Foundation?
- We are an independent foundation and the official charitable partner of BC Parks.
- Our big hairy audacious goal is to create the best parks system in the world.
- Click here to find out more.
What does the BC Parks Foundation do?
We inspire British Columbians, and supporters from around the world, to keep BC beautiful by:
- Buying land and creating new parks.
- Giving vulnerable British Columbians the opportunity to experience our world-class parks and their health benefits.
- Enhancing park experiences for everyone with youth park ambassadors and improved infrastructure, trails, and events.
- Collecting observations of nature to improve understanding and management of wildlife and habitat.
- Sharing and celebrating a spirit of gratitude and leaving things better than we found them.
Still have questions? Please send an email to email@example.com
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”